NOTICE TO OUR CLIENTS CONCERNING CORONAVIRUS
We are committed to keeping our office healthy and safe for all of our patients, clients, staff, and family members. In light of growing concerns about the spread of COVID-19, also known as coronavirus, we would like to make you aware of actions we are taking.
HOW ARE WE TRACKING THE VIRUS?
We are continuously monitoring the local and global situation, and are receiving updates from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) as well as local authorities.
STEPS WE ARE TAKING IN OUR OFFICE
- Placing hand sanitizer around the office for use by both clients and staff. We are routinely disinfecting commonly touched surfaces, such as desks and chairs, door handles, etc., multiple times a day.
- Constant communication with our entire staff about the best hygiene practices to ensure you feel that our office provides a safe and clean environment.
- Offering curbside pickup for prescriptions and for appointments, where/when it is conducive to do so.
WHAT WE ARE ASKING OF YOU
- We urge our clients to follow CDC guidelines including self-quarantine when prudent.
- We are asking all clients who have COVID-19 like symptoms to reschedule any appointments or send another authorized agent to present their pet to our hospital.
- In the interest of public health, we kindly ask you to only make essential veterinary appointments at this time.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer immediately upon entering our office.
- Our hospital is a no handshake zone – our staff are practicing social distancing and maintaining a 6 foot distance from other people – that means our clients as well.
- Cough into a tissue. If you are coughing a lot, it is probably best to avoid coming in for your appointment.
- If you or members of your family have been required or asked to be quarantined for any reason, or test positive for COVID-19, and you have visited our facility within 72 hours, we kindly ask you to please alert our hospital.
- As always, please plan for your pets. If you or a member of your family becomes ill, we always recommend having a 2 week supply of food, medications, and sanitary supplies, as well as an identified friend or family member who can help care for your pet if needed.
It is important to note that COVID-19 is not thought to be a threat to your pets at this time.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation during these challenging times.
New Hospital Protocols
We have new protocols that we are putting in place in the hopes that we can continue to remain open. We need everyone’s help to keep our staff and clients healthy.
Rest assured, we are constantly cleaning and disinfecting all areas of the hospital as well as ourselves. We will be closing daily from 12:00-12:30 to do an additional midday disinfecting. If you have been in contact with a possible COVID-19 case or are sick in any way, please do not come into the hospital unless there is an emergency.
Please call upon arriving to let us know you are here.
All supplies will be brought out to you in your car, and payment given over the phone whenever possible.
If you need supplies and cannot get here, we can mail them to you.
All technician appointments need to wait in car for an available technician to come get, treat, and return your pet to you at your car. Sometimes we may be able to treat your pet right outside.
For all scheduled doctor appointments, please let us know you are here before coming in. We want to have a room readily available for you to bring your pet into. If you feel more comfortable waiting in the car, please let us know and we will send a technician out to bring your pet in, treating accordingly. We will then have the technician return your pet to your car.
Please feel free to contact us with any concerns you may have at any time. Watch our Facebook, website and Instagram for additional info as time goes on.